Last Updated: March 15, 2023
This policy applies to all Safr Care users, including Riders and Drivers (including Driver applicants), and to all Safr Care platforms and services, including our applications, websites, technology, facilities, and other services (collectively, the “Safr Care Platform”). This policy applies only to personal information, not to aggregate information or information that does not identify you. Please remember that your use of the Safr Care Platform is also subject to our Terms of Service. Certain elements of the Safr Care Platform may operate under separate or additional terms or practices different from or in addition to those described in this policy; in those cases, you will be provided separate notice and information relevant to your use of those parts of the Safr Care Platform.
When you use the Safr Care Platform, we collect the information you provide, usage information, and information about your device. We also collect information about you from other sources like service providers, and optional programs in which you participate, which we may combine with other information we have about you. Here are the types of information we collect about you:
A. Information You Provide to Us
When you create an account with Safr Care, we collect the information you provide us, such as your name, email address, phone number, birth date, profile photo, and payment information. You may choose to share additional info with us for your Rider profile, like saved addresses (e.g., home or work), and set up other preferences (such as your preferred pronouns). We may ask that you provide additional information related to the identity of your account, such as documents related to identification (e.g., driver’s license), a profile picture, or “selfie” imagery. If you choose to engage in additional offerings on the Safr Care Platform (e.g., services for your vehicle or linking to other accounts like travel rewards), you may provide us additional information relevant to those offerings.
If you apply to be a Driver, we will collect the information you provide in your application, including your name, email address, phone number, birth date, profile photo, physical address, government identification number (such as social security number), driver’s license information, vehicle information, and car insurance information. We collect the payment information you provide us, including your bank routing numbers, and tax information. Depending on where you want to drive, we may also ask for additional business license or permit information or other information to manage driving and programs relevant to that location. We may need additional information from you at some point after you become a Driver, including information to confirm your identity (like “selfie” imagery).
Ratings and Feedback.
When you rate and provide feedback about the Safr Care Platform (including about Riders or Drivers), we collect all of the information you provide in your feedback.
When you contact us or we contact you, including through surveys or research projects, we collect any information that you provide, including the contents of the messages or attachments you send us.
B. Information We Collect When You Use the Safr Care Platform
Great rides start with an easy and accurate pickup. The Safr Care Platform collects location information (including GPS and WiFi data, IP address, and Bluetooth data) differently depending on your Safr Care app settings and device permissions as well as whether you are using the platform as a Rider or Driver:
- Riders: We collect your device’s precise location when you open and use the Safr Care app, including while the app is running in the background from the time you request a ride until it ends. Safr Care also tracks the precise location of scooters and e-bikes at all times.
- Drivers: We collect your device’s precise location when you open and use the app, including while the app is running in the background. We also collect precise location for a limited time after you exit driver mode in order to detect ride incidents, and continue collecting it until a reported or detected incident is no longer active. If you choose to install a Safr Care Platform device in or on your vehicle (e.g., a Safr Care dashboard device or tablet), that device may collect precise location information when turned on.
We collect information about your use of the Safr Care Platform, including ride information like the date, time, destination, distance, route, payment, and whether you used a promotional or referral code. We also collect information about your interactions with the Safr Care Platform like our apps and websites, including the pages and content you view and the dates and times of your use. We may also infer information from your use of or information you provide us in your interactions with the Safr Care Platform.
We collect information about the devices you use to access the Safr Care Platform, including device model, IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, identity of carrier and manufacturer, radio type (such as 4G), preferences and settings (such as preferred language), application installations, device identifiers, advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens. If you are a Driver, we also collect mobile sensor data from your device (such as speed, direction, height, acceleration, deceleration, and other technical data). If you have installed a Safr Care Platform device in your vehicle (e.g., a Safr Care dashboard device or tablet), that device may similarly collect sensor data and other information like location, as described when you choose and set up such devices.
Communications Between Riders and Drivers
We work with a third party to facilitate phone calls and text messages between Riders and Drivers without sharing either party’s actual phone number with the other. But while we use a third party to provide the communication service, we collect information about these communications and Safr Care Platform chat communications, including the participants’ phone numbers, the date and time, and the contents of SMS and chat messages. For security purposes, we may also monitor or record the contents of phone calls made through the Safr Care Platform, but we will always let you know we are about to do so before the call begins.
Address Book Contacts
You may set your device permissions to grant Safr Care access to your contact lists and direct Safr Care to access your contact list, for example to help you refer friends to Safr Care. If you choose to do this, we will access the names and contact information of the people in your address book.
You may set your device permissions or otherwise grant Safr Care access to your chosen calendar and direct Safr Care to access calendar information, for example to help you get alerts to order a ride for your upcoming trip. If you choose to do this, we will access and store information available in your calendar to use in providing you these optional features.
Cookies, Analytics, and Third-Party Technologies
We collect information through the use of “cookies”, tracking pixels, data analytics, and other third-party technologies to understand how you navigate through the Safr Care Platform and interact with Safr Care advertisements, to make your Safr Care experience safer, to learn what content is popular, to improve your site experience, to serve you better ads on other sites, and to save your preferences. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use the Safr Care Platform.
C. Information We Collect From Other Sources
Service Providers and Other Parties
Service providers and other parties provide us with information needed for core aspects of the Safr Care Platform, as well as for additional services, programs, loyalty benefits, and promotions that can enhance your Safr Care experience. These service providers and other parties include background check providers, insurance partners, financial service providers, marketing providers, and other businesses. We obtain the following information about you from these parties:
- Information to make the Safr Care Platform safer, like background check information or identity verification information;
- Information about your participation in third-party programs that provide things like insurance coverage and financial instruments, such as insurance, payment, transaction, and fraud detection information;
- Information to operationalize loyalty and promotional/marketing programs or applications, services, or features you choose to connect or link to your Safr Care account, such as information about your use of such programs, applications, services, or features; and
- Information about you provided by specific services, such as vehicle, demographic and market segment information.
Enterprise and Delivery Programs
If you use Safr Care through your employer or other organization that participates in one of our Safr Care Business enterprise programs, we will collect information about you from those parties, such as your name and contact information. If an organization has utilized Safr Care to fulfill a delivery to you, we may receive information like your name and delivery address from the organization in order to fulfill the delivery.
Sometimes another business or entity may order you a Safr Care ride. If an organization has ordered a ride for you using our Concierge service, they will provide us your contact information and the pickup and drop-off location of your ride.
Friends help friends use the Safr Care Platform. If someone refers you to Safr Care, we will collect information about you from that referral including your name and contact information.
Other Users and Sources
Other users or public or third-party sources such as law enforcement, insurers, media, or pedestrians may provide us information about you, for example as part of an investigation into an incident or to provide you support.
Providing the Safr Care Platform
We use your personal information to provide an intuitive, useful, efficient, and worthwhile experience on our platform. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Verify your identity and maintain your account, settings, and preferences;
- Connect you to your rides and track their progress;
- Provide various Safr Care Platform offerings to you, such as vehicles services and third party promotional advertisements that may be personalized to you;
- Calculate prices and process payments;
- Allow Riders and Drivers to connect regarding their ride and to choose to share their location with others;
- Communicate with you about your use of the Safr Care Platform and experience;
- Collect feedback regarding your experience;
- Facilitate additional services and programs with third parties; and
- Operate contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions.
Maintaining the Security and Safety of the Safr Care Platform and its Users.
Providing you a secure and safe experience drives our platform, both on the road and on our apps. To do this, we use your personal information to:
Building and Maintaining the Safr Care Community
Safr Care works to be a positive part of the community. We use your personal information to:
- Communicate with you about events, promotions, elections, and campaigns;
- Personalize and provide content, experiences, communications, and targeted advertising to promote and grow the Safr Care Platform; and
- Help facilitate donations you choose to make through the Safr Care Platform.
Providing Customer Support
We work hard to provide the best experience possible, including supporting you when you need it. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Investigate and assist you in resolving questions or issues you have regarding the Safr Care Platform; and
- Provide you support or respond to you.
Improving the Safr Care Platform
We are always working to improve your experience and provide you with new and helpful features. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Perform research, testing, and analysis;
- Develop new products, features, partnerships, and services;
- Prevent, find, and resolve software or hardware bugs and issues; and
- Monitor and improve our operations and processes, including security practices, algorithms, and other modeling.
Responding to Legal Proceedings and Requirements
Sometimes the law, government entities, or other regulatory bodies impose demands and obligations on us with respect to the services we seek to provide. In such a circumstance, we may use your personal information to We do not sell your personal information to third parties for money -- no one can buy the personal information we collect from and about you and we do not act as a data broker. However, we may need to share your personal information with other users, third parties, and service providers to make the Safr Care Platform work and to deliver relevant personalized ads to you on and off the Safr Care Platform. Some of these disclosures may constitute “sharing” or “selling” of personal information under certain U.S. state privacy laws.
Riders and Drivers.
Rider information shared with Driver: As part of surfacing the ride request and enabling the ride, we share with the Driver the Rider’s pickup and destination, location, name, profile photo, rating, Rider statistics (like approximate number of rides and years as a Rider), and information the Rider includes in their Rider profile (like preferred pronouns) as well as any additional stops the Rider inputs into the Safr Care app. Once the ride is finished, we also eventually share the Rider’s rating and feedback with the Driver. (We remove the Rider’s identity associated with ratings and feedback when we share it with Drivers, but a Driver may be able to identify the Rider that provided the rating or feedback.)
Driver information shared with Rider: Upon a Driver accepting a requested ride, we will share with the Rider the Driver’s name, profile photo, preferred pronouns, rating, real-time location, and the vehicle make, model, color, and license plate, as well as other information in the Driver’s Safr Care profile, such as information Drivers choose to add (like country flag and why you drive) and Driver statistics (like approximate number of rides and years as a Driver).
Although we help Riders and Drivers communicate with one another to arrange a pickup, we do not share your actual phone number or other contact information with other users when enabling this. If you report a lost or found item to us, we will seek to connect you with the relevant Rider or Driver, which may include sharing actual contact information with your consent.
Shared Ride Riders
When Riders use a Safr Care Shared ride, we share each Rider’s name and profile picture to ensure safety. Riders may also see each other’s pickup and drop-off locations as part of knowing the route while sharing the ride.
Rides Requested or Paid For by Others
Some rides you take may be requested or paid for by others. If you take one of those rides using your Safr Care Business Profile account; a pass, code or coupon; a subsidized program (e.g., transit or government); a corporate credit card linked to another account; or another user or entity otherwise requests or pays for a ride (or portion of a ride) for you, we may share some or all of your ride details with that other party, including your identity (e.g., name, phone number), the date, time, charge, rating given, region of trip, and pick up and drop off location of your ride
Linked Accounts and Sharing Upon Your Request
If you use the Safr Care Platform as part of a Safr Care Family account linked with others or if you direct us to share your information with trusted contacts, we will then share with those parties information about your use of the Safr Care Platform, such as the live location of your ride.
If you refer someone to the Safr Care Platform, we will let them know that you generated the referral. If another user referred you, we may share information about your use of the Safr Care Platform with that user. For example, a referral source may receive a bonus when you join the Safr Care Platform or complete a certain number of rides and would receive such information.
Sharing With Service Providers to Provide the Safr Care Platform, and Other Parties
Depending on whether you’re a Rider or a Driver, Safr Care may share the following categories of your personal information to provide you with a variety of the Safr Care Platform’s features and services:
- Personal identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, government identification number (such as social security number), driver’s license information, vehicle information, and car insurance information;
- Financial information, such as bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information you provide us;
- Commercial information, such as ride information, Driver/Rider statistics and feedback, and Driver/Rider transaction history;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, carrier and/or manufacturer, device identifiers, and mobile advertising identifiers;
- Location data; and
- This and other information you may direct us to share with other parties, such as when you choose to link your Safr Care account with a separate travel rewards program or when you choose to engage with an offering from another company through the Safr Care Platform, such as a vehicle service.
We disclose those categories of personal information to these other parties and service providers to fulfill the following purposes:
- Maintaining and servicing your Safr Care account;
- Processing or fulfilling rides or other offerings of the Safr Care Platform;
- Providing you customer service;
- Processing transactions and payments;
- Processing Driver applications;
- Verifying the identity of users;
- Detecting and preventing fraud and unsafe activity;
- Processing insurance claims;
- Providing Driver loyalty and promotional programs;
- Providing marketing and advertising services to Safr Care, including to provide targeted and cross-contextual behavioral advertising personalized to you;
- Providing financing;
- Providing requested emergency services;
- Providing analytics services to Safr Care; and
- Undertaking research to develop and improve the Safr Care Platform.
For Legal Reasons and to Protect the Safr Care Platform
We may share your personal information in response to a legal obligation, or if we have determined that sharing your personal information is reasonably necessary or appropriate to:
- Comply with any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation, civil, criminal or regulatory inquiry, investigation or legal process, enforceable governmental request, or requirement as condition to operate (e.g., operating permit, license or agreement);
- Respond to legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena, summons, or court order);
- Enforce our Terms of Service;
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate federal, state, or local law; or
- Exercise or defend legal claims, protect against harm to our rights, property, interests, or safety or the rights, property, interests, or safety of you, third parties, or the public as required or permitted by law.
In Connection with Sale or Merger
We may share your personal information while negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger, or sale of our assets.
Upon Your Further Direction
With your permission or upon your direction, we may disclose your personal information to interact with a third party or for other purposes.
We retain your information for as long as necessary to provide you and our other users the Safr Care Platform. This means we keep your profile information for as long as you maintain an account. We retain transactional information such as rides and payments for at least seven years to ensure we can perform legitimate business functions, such as accounting for tax obligations. We also retain your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our terms and policies. If you request account deletion, we will delete your information as set forth in the “Deleting Your Account” section below.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures designed to protect your personal information. But no security measures can be 100% effective, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information, including against unauthorized intrusions or acts by third parties.
You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails by clicking unsubscribe in those messages. We will still send you transactional and relational emails about your use of the Safr Care Platform.
You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the Safr Care Platform (such as receiving a notification that your ride has arrived).
You can review and edit certain account information you have chosen to add to your profile by logging in to your account settings and profile.
You can prevent your device from sharing location information through your device’s system settings. But if you do, this may impact Safr Care’s ability to provide you our full range of features and services. You may also control some elements of sharing your location with Safr Care in your Safr Care account settings.